Information regarding OFFICE Precautions and Protocols during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
As of May 26, 2020, under the recommendation of the CDC, ADA, CDA, and the California Department of Public Heath:
We have started to slowly REOPEN our office for hygiene, restorative, and other dental procedures. Our office hours are similar to before, but your specific appointment times are likely different as we have to stagger appointment start times to ensure that there are a minimal amount of patients in the office at any given time. Your original appointment time might not be available. We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your flexibility and patience. To reschedule your appointment, CALL or TEXT (714) 828-6684 during normal business hours: M, T, Th and Fri 7:30am-4:30pm.
Everyone in the dental office must wear a face covering/mask. The only exception is when the patient is receiving dental treatment.
Please watch our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/AndrewYapDDS for the latest updates.
YOUR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
Our team will continue to adhere to guidelines and best practices set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA in regards to safety precautions and office sterilization:
- reduced number of patients per day to allow for time for disinfecting and physical distancing
- all team members are pre-screened every day
- all patients are pre-screened before their visits
- increased disinfecting and cleaning protocols throughout the office.
- air filtration and air purification and increased outdoor ventilation will be used throughout the office
What we are doing to keep you safe:
At Yap Family Dental, we have always followed standard universal precautions issued by the CDC and ADA to help protect every one of our patients and team members from the many infectious diseases that we are potentially exposed to on a daily basis. For your peace of mind, these are the precautions we take EVERY time you sit in one of our patient chairs:
● We wear single-use gloves and N95 Respirators and Surgical Masks while treating patients.
● We wear full-length-sleeved gowns and launder all of our work clothing on site.
● We place instruments after each use into an autoclave (a high-pressure steam oven) to kill every known infectious organism, including coronavirus.
● We wipe down each dental operatory after each patient visit with a medical-grade surface disinfectant that kills all known infectious diseases, including coronavirus.
● We either wash our hands thoroughly or apply an alcohol-based sanitizer gel between each patient.
In addition to the above standard measures, we will be exercising a higher standard of infection-control in our waiting areas, including removing all magazines, toys, and other items that are difficult to disinfect. And while we love and value each of our patients, handshakes and hugs may be replaced with an "air-high-five" for the time being.
While we are doing everything in our power to protect you, we also ask for your cooperation in making our office environment a safe one when you visit us.
- If you have a cough, fever, or chills, please call our office to reschedule. We are not allowed to see symptomatic patients in our office at this time.
- We will be checking temperatures on all patients as they enter with a non-contact infrared forehead thermometer and anyone with a reading over 99.9 degrees may be asked to reschedule at least two weeks later as a precaution.
- Since COVID-19 may be vulnerable to oxidation, we will have patients do a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse for 30 seconds prior to starting our procedure.
- When doing procedures with aerosol-generating instruments, we will use rubber dam, dryshield/isolite mouthpieces, and/or 4-handed high volume evacuation techniques.
NEW CHECK-IN PROCEDURES
- ARRIVE 10 minutes early for your appointment
- PARK under the covered parking, in one of the designated spots, facing the back door of the building.
- CALL our office at 714-828-6684 - Brenda will first ask you the screening questions again and then come out to take your temperature. If we are assisting another patient, we will ask you to wait for a minute in your car.
- WEAR your mask and SANITIZE your hands as you enter the building in the front.
-You can keep your car parked (and locked) in that spot and walk around to the front entrance
-Ideally, only screened patients will be allowed in the office; however, if physical distancing allows, a parent or family member may wait in the reception room (after being screened).
-If you feel a cough or sneeze coming on, please keep a tissue in hand to cover your nose and mouth.
-Prior to and after using the restroom, please sanitize your hands.
-If, within 14 days after your visit, you become ill, please notify us. We will do the same.
We care about each of you and hope that you and your family will remain in good health during this difficult time.
Sincerely, Dr. Yap and the Yap Family Dental Team